Thursday, April 8, 2010

The Witches of Oz

Someone on writer/director Leigh Scott's PR crew needs to be fired.

I just stumbled upon the info the other day that a movie entitled The Witches of Oz is coming out with one of my all-time favorites, Christopher Lloyd, portraying the Wizard of Oz himself!

This news lead me to the Official Witches of Oz website, whereupon I learned that this film is set to be released on April 16th!

WHAT?! How have I not heard about this film at all?!

Upon inspection of the website and cast, and viewing the teaser trailer and mini-making-of, I am so excited to see how this movie comes out. It's quite an ambitious undertaking for a budding director and a small independent studio, which means it could be the underdog victorious or it could be "pursed lips"... Catastrophe.

I'm a longtime fan of both The Wizard of Oz (1939) and Disney's cult classic Return to Oz (1985), so I have my fingers crossed that I can add this little gem to the Oz film lineup of favorites.

Along with Christopher Lloyd, the cast also includes Mia Sara, Jeffrey Combs, Lance Henriksen, Ethan Embry, and LOTR alumni Sean Astin and Billy Boyd! Newcomer Paulie Rojas will be portraying our heroine Dorothy Gale who, in this rendition, is all grown up and living as an author in New York City. But old familiar faces (and some new ones) from her childhood visit to the Land of Oz start popping up! Some of them friendly. Others... not so much.

Click the key above to view the trailer and see the making-of featurette!

Follow the yellow brick road, betchez!

No comments:

Post a Comment