Saturday, April 18, 2009

Fantasmagorical!

I am a sentimental old gay nerd.

There are a lot of times in my day to day life where nothing succeeds at making me feel happy and energetic like a song or piece of music from my childhood. Typically these songs would be Disney or a Broadway musical.

But today brought a completely unanticipated longing for some Chitty Chitty Bang Bang. A lot of people are under the impression that this is a Disney film but in fact it was released by United Artists in 1968 with the tagline "The most fantasmagorical musical entertainment in the history of everything!"

I intend to incorporate fantasmagorical into my lexicon as often as possible henceforth.

I loved this movie as a kid, although ironically enough my favorite characters were the Child Catcher (played with pinpointed creepiness by Robert Helpmann) and Baron Bomburst (German actor Gert Fröbe) who is on a continual mission to kill his Baroness.

The music and songs are fantastic (as written by Disney legends Richard and Robert Sherman), and on a day as beautiful as today happens to be, the following piece of music has been my anthem all day:

Paul Mauriat - Chitty Chitty Bang Bang


Found at bee mp3 search engine

1 comment:

  1. Never could figure out why the Baron wanted his hot wife dead?

    ReplyDelete